Celebrate the Superhero in Your Life on Father's Day!
It's almost that time of the year again in Australia, when we dust off our favourite BBQs, grab some snags and sauce, and shower our dads and the father figures in our lives with love and appreciation on Father’s Day.
Father’s Day in Australia
Father’s Day was introduced to Australia in the early 1900s. Whilst most of the world celebrates Father’s Day in June, Australia changed the date to the first Sunday of September in 1936 and like Mother’s Day, it's not a fixed date. As well as Australia, Fiji, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea also observe Father’s Day in September.
Over the years numerous organisations have recognised the role of fathers including the Father’s Day Council of Australia who honour fathers on the day with an Australian Father of the Year Award.
Ideas on how to spoil your Superhero
Father's Day is the perfect occasion to show the superhero in your life how much they mean to you. It’s the day when we all come together to celebrate our dads, grandfathers, uncles and father figures who have all played a significant role in shaping our lives. Whether they're cracking dad jokes, offering advice, or giving bear hugs when we need them most, they are our real-life superheroes.
So, how can you make this day unforgettable? Here are some ideas:
- Breakfast Surprise: Start the day by surprising your dad with a hearty and scrumptious breakfast. Whip up a big breakfast with eggs, bacon, beans, sausages and plenty of toast. (Hint … you could always get him an Uber Eats gift card and he can choose breakfast delivered straight to his door). Don’t forget the key to a successful surprise is not to wake him up too early - after all, it's his day to sleep in!
- Outdoor Adventure: Australia is blessed with stunning landscapes, so why not take advantage of the great outdoors? Plan an adventure. It could be a hike through national parks, a fishing trip to a nearby river, or even a beach day with plenty of sun and surf. Why not surprise him with a BCF or Kathmandu digital gift card for future adventures!
- Sporty Day Out: If your dad is a sports enthusiast, surprise him with tickets to a game featuring his favourite team. Whether it's footy, cricket, or rugby, cheering on his team with his loved ones around will be an experience he won't forget. Give him the best fan’s experience with a Fans+digital gift card or let his choose his new sporting gear with a Rebel gift card.
- Movie Date: Sometimes, the best way to spend quality time is to unwind together. Head out to see the latest releases and enjoy a movie with some popcorn and snacks. Gift him a day at the box office with a Hoyts digital gift card.
- BBQ Bonanza: Aussies love a good BBQ, and Father's Day is no exception. Fire up the barbie and have a BBQ bonanza with all of dad's favourite foods. And to add to the fun why not gift him a Barbeques Galore digital gift card so he can enhance your open-air entertaining experience!
The Gift of Choice
Still not sure on what to gift? Our eGift it Happy Father’s Day digital gift card is the perfect solution as it allows your loved one to pick their favourite retail gift card from a wide range of digital gift cards. It’s a simple solution when you don’t know what to give and so you give the gift of choice! Plus you know everyone loves a gift card.
Once you have chosen your gift card, it's easy to personalise your message from our wide assortment of Father's Day cards to suit every father figure in your life. Select your wrapping and add an animation and create the best digital gift experience.
Last Minute Gift?
And there's no need to worry about missing out on sending a gift anywhere in Australia as with eGift it you can quickly select a gift card, personalise your message and send your gift immediately .. minutes later your gift card is with your recipient.
The Aussie way of celebrating Father's Day is all about laid-back fun and quality time. It's not just a day for gifts and cards, but a special opportunity to create lasting memories. Whether you're planning a big family gathering or a simple get-together, remember that it's the thought that counts.
So, this Father's Day, let's celebrate in Aussie style. Make it a day to remember, filled with love, laughter, and appreciation.